Our Approach is simple here at Little Angels we believe that “Every Child Matters” .
We do this by…
- Providing a warm welcome to all our children and their families as we are a unique, diverse, rich and vibrant learning community.
- Providing a caring, inclusive, nurturing home from home and happy environment
Enabling children to be happy and thrive through experiences offered at our nursery with a dedicated, passionate, motivated and well trained staff team. Opportunities to repeat learning in order to deepen their knowledge and learning
- Encouraging Parental involvement and communication
You are very welcome to come in and share our activities. You might like to cook with a small group, look at books, model with clay or build with Lego bricks. Perhaps you might like to share a hobby or interest with us, particularly if they are related to our topic. During the year there will be extra opportunities to come in and be involved. We have an open morning in the summer term, a sports day in summer and a Christmas party and play in the Autumn Term. Each term we have a topic or theme. The children are encouraged to bring in items relating to our topic and add to our ‘interest table’ in the classroom. Our regular Newsletters will keep you informed of what your child has been learning. You can help support your child’s knowledge developing by sharing an interest in their topic or themed activities.
Our approach to learning
Encouraging each child to be independent and self disciplined, to develop a sense of responsibility for themselves and respect for others and their environment
Providing for each child’s emotional, social, intellectual and physical needs, enabling each child to develop as an independent thinker.
Providing each child with a challenging, balanced curriculum, based on first hand, meaningful experiences, aiming for every child to reach his/her fullest potential across a breadth of knowledge. We try to ensure our approach ensures deep level learning is establishes as opposed to surface level learning.
Supporting the development of a ‘can do’ attitude that will stay with a child for life
At Little Angels early identification of additional educational needs and putting in the support for future development when needed is our ethos and passion
Encouraging positive and constructive behaviour management, in ways, which will help develop each child’s confidence and self esteem through a developing understanding of their emotions. Positively encouraging self discipline where there is respect for property and regard for other people’s feelings and needs. We have adopted the Thrive approach at Little Angels.
Our Key person approach
When your child joins the nursery you will be allocated a key person and a buddy to help support you and your child during the settling in process
Your Key person will:
- Be responsive to children’s feelings and needs
- Keep an especially watchful eye on the child during the settling in process, reassuring both the child and parents/carers where necessary
- Assist new children as necessary to integrate into life at the nursery ensuring the child knows and understands any rules and feels comfortable with people and activities
- Build up a relationship with the children in their care and is there to comfort and reassure them if necessary at times of distress.
- Assist children with potty training and toileting by working closely together with parents/ carers
- Be actively involved in making observations of the children
- Build up an effective relationship, sharing information with parents/carers as to what children can do and what we can do next
- Ensure that the child’s parents/carers are helped to understand the reasoning behind the activities and resources available in the nursery
- Try to be aware of any changes in the child’s home circumstances, which may affect her or his behaviour or needs in nursery
- Liaise with the SENCO (Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator) or Behaviour Coordinator if appropriate
Encouraging an understanding of looking after their bodies through the promotion of dental health, healthy eating and regular exercise
Established links with our local schools transition, visits and meetings
Safeguarding – Providing a safe, happy place where everyone is known and valued, and where needs are acknowledged, accepted and met.
Understanding the importance of contributing to community and society, which we believe is vital for a holistic development. Each year we raise money to support the vital work of both national and local charities such as Macmillan Cancer, Children in Need, Save the Children, British Heart Foundation, Jeans for Genes to name but a few.
Establishing firm foundations on which to build on in the future and for our Little Angels to value and contribute positively in the society.