Little Angels Nursery....making a positive difference in children’s lives
At Little Angels Nursery safety and security are top priority. We endeavour to make our nursery a safe and healthy place for children, staff, parents and helpers. Our main door is secured during the session using a coded entry system and children are accompanied at all times. Staff use radio handsets in the nursery to provide staff and children with increased security and communication whilst using the outdoor play area, as well as CCTV outside the main building.
- All children are supervised by adults at all times.
- Only persons who have been checked for criminal records by an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (previously known as the Criminal Records Bureau) have unsupervised access to the children, including helping them with toileting.
- Children do not have unsupervised access to the kitchen.
- Outdoor activities are supervised at all times.
- Staff are equipped with radio handsets for additional security.
- The outdoor area is checked for safety prior to use and is securely enclosed.
- Staff will not lift or carry children unless it is necessary for their safety.
- Systems are in place for the safe arrival and departure of children.
- The arrival and departure times of children, adults (staff, helpers and visitors) are recorded.
- Our access doors are kept secured to prevent unauthorised access to our premises.
- All visitors must identify themselves to a manager before being allowed into the setting.
- The mobile phones and personal possessions of staff and helpers are securely stored during nursery sessions.